Position Title: Communication Officer
Department: External Relation and Communication
Reports To: External Relation and Communication Coordinator
Status: Contract-based position for the duration of 10 (ten) months
Location: Jakarta Area
Yayasan Indonesia Business Links (IBL) is a not-for-profit organization, registered as a foundation (yayasan) under the law of Republik of Indonesia, which aims to promote good corporate citizenship and partnership for development in Indonesia. To achieve its mission, IBL conducts several programs under three main themes: Business Ethics, Youth Empowerment and Environmental Stewardship.
Since 1999, IBL has been actively promoting ethical business practices by organizing workshop or capacity building program for small and medium enterprises. IBL’s scope of activities quickly expanded to include advocacy, diffusion of information and knowledge about Responsible Business, as well as actively pushing collaboration and partnership between the private sector, government and NGOs to achieve sustainable development. IBL is committed to provide information and knowledge about Responsible Business to companies and other stakeholder in Indonesia www.ibl.or.id
The main task of the Communication Officer is to support and maintain internal and external communications with program stakeholder, implementing agencies, service providers and assist to execute the communications strategy, maintain project documentation.
- Collect and pool all information IBL’s program activities (including photographs and videos) from stakeholders program.
- Assist to ensure compliance of activities with project communication strategy by following donor and IBL guidelines
- Assist in coordinating communication activities and events of the programs and partners.
- Assist in conducting awareness raising campaigns, events, information dissemination workshops, etc. for target groups.
- Update social media platforms (Facebook, twitter, and IBL TV in You Tube Channel) and update social media content.
- Support and develop communications material for the organization such as brochure, website, annual report, newsletter, poster etc.
- Support in preparing press releases and responses to media enquiries
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Fluent oral and written presentation skills (both in English and Indonesia), with an ability to use all forms of presentation equipment.
- Knowledge of and experience with media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media. Experience with communication/ creative agencies/ vendors will be added advantage.
- Candidate should be familiar with internet; specially social media such as facebook, google, instagram, and twitter.
- Candidate should be photoshop, coreldraw / visual design app, and basic editing video.
- Capacity to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Excellent communication, networking, and inter-personal skills.
- Innovative and creative thinking in relation to communication
Education: Minimum Bachelor Degree Field of education: BA in Public relations, communications, journalism, literature or related field. Additional qualification will be desirable.
Work Experience: At least 2 year working experience at similar position. Fresh graduate, with active organizational experience and skill related, is also considered.
- Working hours are generally from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm, performed in flexible arrangement.
- Work outcomes/output are essential, to be delivered under least supervision.
- Work could be performed inside and outside IBL office and sometimes in the program’s working area.
- Costs of local transportation and mobile communications related to deliverable works can be reimbursed with prior approval.
Send your application to email@example.com highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, certified true copies of educational certificates and transcript.
Application documents should reach the IBL HRD by 10 October 2017.